Friday, June 15, 2012

Seeing my daughter smile...mission accomplished

I have never considered myself "handy". I used to watch my Dad fix things around the house and wish I had that kind of ability. I still go to my Dad for help and advice on how to fix things. My great-grandfather (Pops) was a carpenter. I remember sitting in his lap and watching him whittle for me. He was an amazing man. Last year I tried my first "project". I made a small "time-out" bench for the kids. It wasn't bad. I made another one for my best friend's new baby. I did a lot better on the second one. Well, for some reason I decided that I wanted to make a really cool big girl bed for my daughter's 5th birthday. This project was WAY out of my league and ability level. I have never known the words "I can't". I was determined to teach myself to be a carpenter and accomplish my goal. On Sunday June 10th my daughter came back from her mom's apartment and for the first time saw her new bed. I made her smile and again showed her just how much she means to me. When she climbed the stairs and got up on the bed she said "Daddy I am going to sleep in this bed FOREVER!" Here are a few pictures of her new bed. Mission Accomplished.




1 comment: