Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I Don't Care Who I Offend!

I cringe every time I hear a "Christian" utter those words. I mean seriously? You don't care? The sad thing is I used to be one of those that made that statement with pride! There are SO many flaws to this line of thinking but I will only mention a few. First of all, YOU SHOULD CARE! If a Christian's goal truly is to reach "the lost" then why wouldn't you care if you offend them? I don't know about you, but if someone walked up to be and kicked me in the balls and then punched me in the face and then asked to be my friend..I am afraid I might not accept that friendship. Christians do the same thing everyday...and with such arrogance. Righteous indignation is not a pretty thing. If I said that the sky is blue and you said it was more of a gray but I was certain it was blue and set out to convince you but you wouldn't change your mind so I say "Screw you then! You are going to burn for all eternity because the sky is BLUE!" Would you then suddenly cry and say I was right? Would that change your opinion? It wouldn't change mine. If you don't care who you offend when trying to get your point across then you will never endear yourself to the people you offend nor will you succeed in your propaganda mission. Jesus showed compassion to those around him. You should try to do the same regardless of your beliefs. And the people that seem to understand compassion the most are the unchurched. They have not been corrupted by the "we know more than you because we have the answer and you don't!" attitude that most churches seem to promote. Just my opinion. Take it or leave it. I still like ya either way! Keep coming back...it works if you work it!

No comments:

Post a Comment