Wednesday, November 16, 2011

NEW JOB!

Last October the company I had been working for hired a new Controller. I was the Corporate Accountant. Her second day on the job she looked at me with a great deal of distain and proclaimed, "God you remind me of my ex-husband!" Needless to say, the rest of my time with the company was filled with joy, happiness and tender moments. Sarcasm abounds. Well on September 13th I was called into the conference room at the end of the day and, without much fanfare, told my services would no longer be needed. Awesome. Now what...don't get me wrong, I woke up the morning of the 14th and smiled knowing I would know longer have to see that wretched woman any longer. The search began for my next chapter of employment and the bills began to pile up. I am sure had I been attending church, reading my Bible and praying daily it would not have taken as long to find work but yeah...I am who I am. So finally, after nearly 2 months on the unemployment line, I got an interview. And as luck would have, I got the job! A friend of mine was happy for me and said, "See...prayer works!!" Call me sinicle but my response was, "That's funny...because I thought it had more to do with my resume, a good interview and being a good fit for what they were looking for." Anyway, I am glad to be working again and even happier to be getting a paycheck again.

No comments:

Post a Comment