Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Peer Pressure At It's Finest!

This is obviously a bit exaggerated but it illustrates what I am come to learn about the two groups. Call me crazy but I prefer the unchurched.

Peer Pressure from the Unchurched

Unchurched Guy - "Hey dude...want a beer?"
Me - "No thanks."
Unchurched Guy - "Ok man. Let me know if you want one."
Me - "Thanks, I will."

Peer Pressure from the Churched

Churched Individual - "Hello sinner. Would you like to come to church with me Sunday morning?"
Me - "No thanks."
Churched Individual - "How about on Wednesday?"
Me - "No thanks."
Churched Individual - "But I really want you to come to church with me."
Me - "No thanks."
Churched Individual - "But you REALLY need to try it."
Me - "No thanks."
Churched Individual - "Come on...you might like it."
Me - "No thanks."
Churched Individual - "Seriously, I insist. I will pick you up at 10:00 am."
Me - "No thanks."
Churched Individual - "HOW COULD YOU SAY NO??? YOU ARE GOING TO HELL IF YOU DON'T COME!!!"
Me - "No thanks."
Churched Individual - "STUPID SINNER! I CAN'T EVEN STAND TO BE AROUND YOU ANYMORE IF YOU WON'T COME TO CHURCH!"
Me - "Well ok. Sorry"
Churched Individual - "AAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGG!!!! I AM PUTTING YOU ON THE SINNERS PRAYER LIST!!!"
Me - "Ok. Whatever you need to do...hey...do you want a beer?"
Churched Individual - "NNNOOOOO!!!!!!! shhhhhh....yes....but wait until the other church people leave."

No comments:

Post a Comment